Friday, July 26, 2013

Simple Arabic Salad سلطة عربية



Simple Arabic Salad is an oldie but goodie kind of salad. It probably exists in every cuisine but has a different name. It is basically my go to salad when the main dish requires lengthy preparation. However, the secret to the success of this simple salad is the use of fresh ingredients. This is a summer salad by all means. Look for the best seasonal red tomatoes and fresh cucumbers. I beg you, do not make this salad from greenhouse tomatoes and cucumbers. I make this salad almost everyday in the summer when my tomato plants are full of red ripe tomatoes. I also use fresh mint from my garden. Nothing, N.O.T.H.I.N.G. tastes better than the tomatoes you plant. Mine are organic as well.


My tomato plants 
My beautiful tomatoes 

Ingredients:

1/2 lb seasonal tomatoes
2 persian/arabic cucumber
few slices of red onions or 1 green onion
few leaves of mint
Juice of 1/2 lemon or to taste
2 tablespoons of olive oil or to taste
1 garlic clove or to taste
salt and pepper to taste


Method:

Cut the tomatoes, cucumbers and onions, and mint. Pound the garlic, add lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. The reason why everything in seasoning is to taste is because some people prefer their salads on the lemony or oily or garlicy side while others don't, so feel free to adjust to your taste.

Enjoy!

Nadine

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Your dedication to providing healthy recipes to others has gotten our attention. We like your awesomeness and invite you to share your culinary creations on our new recipe index site dedicated to recipes such as these, which help to promote health and longevity. For more information please visit our site: www.healthyrecipeverified.com .

    ReplyDelete